In Our Community
First Presbyterian Church has a long history of helping to start and sustain outreach ministries in Concord, NC. Our benevolences provide ongoing financial support to organizations such as Christian Cooperative Ministries, Opportunity House, CVAN, Salvation Army Center of Hope, and the Boys and Girls Club, to name a few. We also host food and supply drives and have a variety of opportunities to offer our time and talents to various local charities.
- Coltrane-Webb Elementary School – Our Presbyterian Women’s groups collect and distribute food for the Backpack Program to feed at-risk children at Coltrane-Webb Elementary School. Contact Amy Murphy for more information on how to get involved. To see a list of the items most needed, click here.
- W M Irvin Elementary School – Our diaconate has adopted W M Irvin Elementary for ongoing support such as school supply drives, End of Grade test proctoring and tutoring programs. Contact Jerry Otteni for more information on how to get involved.
- Gracious Greens – Fresh, healthy produce is one of the hardest foods to obtain from food pantries and other food ministries. Dover Farms has been generous to donate tracts of land for the members of FPC to plant, tend and harvest healthy produce such as Kale, Turnip Greens and Mustard Greens to be donated to local food ministries. You can read more about our program here. Click here to receive emails about planting and harvest dates.
- CROP Walk – Every October, our church gathers a team to walk and raise funds to alleviate hunger in Cabarrus County. Contact Janna Mitchell for more information about our next walk.
- Angel Tree – Through Prison Fellowship, we shop for and deliver presents to local children whose parents have been incarcerated. Contact Jerry Otteni for more information about how you can help next Christmas.
- Habitat for Humanity – We support Habitat for Humanity through financial donations and participating in inter-faith builds. Contact Harris Morrison for more information on how to get involved.
- Salvation Army Center of Hope – We support the Center of Hope night shelter by volunteering to greet guests and serve meals. Contact Betsy Lyles for more information about how you can help.