65 Church Street Market for Mission
A one-day sale for the benefit of
our partner children’s mission in Bayonnais, Haiti Saturday, April 14, 2018 (8:00 am – 1:00 pm)
First Presbyterian Church
OFCB, Organization of the Christian Force of Bayonnais, operates a school, medical clinic and a Christian non-denominational church in the mountains of the Bayonnais region of western Haiti. This area is home to tens of thousands of residents struggling for daily survival. Educational opportunities are limited and the school is a light of hope for the entire region. OFCB partner World of God, along with their donors and partners, provides young people with a quality education that equips them with the skills needed to foster local sustainability, alleviate severe poverty and restore community prosperity. Learn more at www.worldofgod.org.
First Pres Concord will be taking it’s second mission trip to Bayonnais in February of this year. Many of our parishioners are providing school sponsorships for Bayonnais children to attend the OFCB School.
All money raised through this sale will go to support the Bayonnais community.
Suggestions for Sale Donations
In general, all donated items should be clean and stain free, in good condition and immediately useable.
- Clothing / Accessories: current styles, unique items, new or like new (no shoes, furs, formals, or long dresses). Mark reading glasses with strength. Children’s Toys / Clothing: gently used, clean, no stains.
- Jewelry: If multiple items, sort by type and/or sets (use baggies). Furniture: small, easily moved furniture; pictures, framed mirrors. To discuss larger items, contact the Furniture Coordinator.
Art / Pottery / Craft
- Housewares: small appliances, glassware, dishes (no cooking knives or disposable plastics)
- Small Electrics: radio, utility lights, portable heaters (no computers or components, no printers, TVs, or turntables).
- Vintage / Collectibles: include information or a description if you have it; items should be tagged with a suggested value
- Linens / Vintage Linens: towels, table cloths, sheets, napkins.
- Sports / Exercise: equipment, machines, easily movable.
- Tools: hand tools, power tools.
Holiday / Seasonal
- Miscellaneous: (no books, cds, vinyl records)
Sale donations can be dropped off in Room 306 of the Will Young Building on Tuesdays from 1:00 to 5:00 pm through Tuesday, April 3. For assistance unloading:
From 1-3, text Carrie 704.467.0962
From 3-5, text Esta 704.576.0817
If you need assistance getting your items to the Church, contact Brad Barnett.
- Media / Advertising
- Sale Category Coordinators Merchandise Pick up Merchandise Drop Off
- Set Up
- Testing Station
- Refreshment Stand
- Check Out
- Tear Down / Clean Up
- Unsold Merchandise Disposition
For questions contact Esta Wannamaker email@example.com.